We have hit a crazy few weeks, and it’s only going to get crazier. We have a ton of stuff coming up, so right now I’m just treading water and hoping I don’t sink. A few little updated that I’m excited about:
– My garden! I am so excited. I have a plot at our community garden and spent some time there yesterday getting it ready. It’s supposed to be raining for the next week or so, so I needed to get this done ASAP. I planted 33 plants yesterday and can’t wait to see how it comes along and starts producing. It’s my first year having a garden, and the community garden was a great option. The soil is prepped, it’s essentially free, and I can get tips from more seasoned gardeners, which is exactly what I need.
– We’ve got birthday, graduations, soccer tryouts, end of year programs, and more starting this weekend and continuing through the first week of June. I think I’ll be able to sit and breath on June 7th.
– I’ve been knitting here and there, which is nice. I made an infinity scarf, and next up are some hand warmers and a hat. Should be fun.
– I’ve been cooking like crazy. My goal this year is to master my summer side dishes. So far I have a potato salad and a macaroni salad that are amazing! Now it’s time to venture out from there.
– My husband is going to start hunting this year. I know some people don’t agree with hunting, and to each their own. We are slowly trying to be more and more self-sufficient and this was the next step for us to get closer to that goal. He is only going to be hunting for food, not sport. Anything he gets, we eat it. Nothing will go to waste as I’d like to use every part of the animal if possible, including the skin to make leather goods. If we can get gardening down and hunting down, we will be doing great when it comes to our goals.
Just wanted to give a quick update since I’ve been missing in action for awhile! And if I don’t post for a little while again, it’s because I’m just trying to stay afloat. Woo hoo for the busiest time of year!