The holidays are coming up, which means kids and family galore! Kids will be out of school for a week or two, and family will be visiting throughout the next few weeks. So what is a good way to keep everyone happy without having to stress too much? Snacks! Having healthy, readily available snacks prepared and ready to go will help you enjoy your visitors and be able to relax. Here are a few snack options that are easy to prepare and will store well:
– Apples with natural peanut butter
– Rice cakes
– Hummus served with whole wheat crackers or veggies like carrots, celery, and cucumbers
– Homemade smoothies
– Dried fruit
– Organic cheese with whole wheat crackers
– Homemade dips with veggies
– Sliced fresh fruit i.e. pineapple, strawberries, grapes, raspberries, watermelon, cantaloupe, etc.
– Air popped popcorn
– Mixed raw, unsalted nuts
– Make your own trail mix with nuts, seeds, and dried fruit
This list of snacks can help you get through the holidays and the rest of the year. I know that my kids love cheese and crackers when they get home from school, along with having a lot of precut, fresh fruit on hand. They like the convenience of grabbing on the go, especially when we are running around to different extracurricular activities during the day or have homework where they really need to stay focused. Sometimes taking an hour a week preparing snacks and dinners for the week, can end up saving a lot more time throughout the week.
What are some of your favorite, easy to prepare snacks?