I get questions all the time about time management. How can you fit everything into 24 hours? Well, I certainly don’t! 🙂 Here are a few tips to help you stay organized and help you organize your time:
- Don’t stress! There will be things that come along that require a lot of energy and time, and they are very important. Focus on the things that must be done. Something that has a deadline. But don’t stress the small stuff. Whether those small things are dishes, laundry, or something else that won’t have a consequence if it doesn’t get done by a certain day.
- Make a list. Every day I have a list of what I need to get done. There are some very important things on that list, along with items that aren’t all that important. If I don’t get one thing done on that day, I move it to the next day. Once I’ve completed a task, I cross it off. Nothing feels better than crossing items off my list.
- Write down everything that needs to get done and add to the list if needed. I will write down everything that needs to get done, no matter how small the task may seem. The items I need to get done and write down will vary from things I need to do at my current job, items I need to do for Elite Health Coaching, along with things I need to get done around the house, like laundry.
- Have a schedule and stick with it! Around the house, my family knows that certain things get done on certain days. This allows me to have some time away from the things that aren’t always my favorite, like laundry, vacuuming, etc. I know that on Tuesdays and Thursdays, my son has soccer and on Fridays, he has snowboarding. Those things don’t change very often, so I know that I need to plan around those items every week. If something comes up, like a hair appointment, I write that down, so I know it’s on the schedule. I plan ahead and make sure everything is squared away before I leave so I have nothing to stress about other than my latest hairstyle. 🙂
- Just relax and breath. If you have a lot to get done, but don’t see a way of finishing everything in the time allotted, ask for help. This is the hardest thing for me to do. I hate asking for help! I want to be Superwoman, but sometimes that just isn’t possible. Ask for help to relieve the stress that you are experiencing. This will not only make you a happier person, but when you are less stressed and are able to relax, everyone around you will feel the same way.