Now that we are out of high school, why is our skin still breaking out??? This was embarrassing as a teenager, but it tends to just be frustrating as an adult. Didn’t we outgrow this stage in our life? If you are suffering from constant break outs, acne, rosacea, excema, or other skin disorders, did you know that what you eat may be playing a role? Here are a few tips to help get your skin under control:
- Eat berries and other foods that are rich in antioxidants. Focus on eating blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, and strawberries.
- Eat foods rich in Omega-3 fatty acids like wild salmon, flaxseed, etc.
- Drink your water! Shoot for at least 64 ounces of water per day, but drink more depending on your physical activity.
- Avoid refined foods, sugars, and preservatives. A good rule of thumb is to avoid white food. This will include white rice, white flour, sugar, etc. It’s been refined and does not contain too many nutrients. Go for whole foods and natural sweeteners instead.
- Avoid trans fats and saturated fats.
- Eat more leafy, green vegetables like spinach, kale, dark green lettuce, etc.
- Eat less eggs, wheat, and milk.
Foods that can be beneficial to your skin, other than berries & Omega 3’s are green tea, ginger, Vitamin A & C, zinc, walnuts, pumpkin, aloe vera, and black beans. If you are having issues with your skin and you’re not sure how to clear it up through your diet, this is one thing that can be covered in The Elite Health Coaching One-on-One Coaching Programs! Contact us HERE for more information!