With summer quickly approaching, what fun activities do you have planned? Summer is a great time to get outside, enjoy nature, and do the things you weren’t able to do thanks to winter! Here are some fun summer activities that will make you think you are a kid again:
- Take your family to a local water park. Pack your own food and plenty of water. By packing your own food, you know exactly what went into it.
- Buy a slip & slide! Make sure to stretch before hand, but a slip and slide was one of my favorite things growing up. The nice thing is you don’t need a ton of space to use a slip and slide, and you don’t have to have a hill in the yard to make it fun.
- Water balloon fight!
- Camping – get in touch with nature. Pack up the car, tent, and sleeping bags and head up to the canyon or one of your favorite areas. Light a campfire and enjoy each other’s company. Make sure to take out whatever you packed in since you are visiting our furry friend’s homes this way.
- Get out on the water – remember safety first, but even if you don’t own a boat or jet ski’s, these can typically be rented for a reasonable price. Enjoy the sun, friends, family, and water.
- Farmer’s markets – With summer approaching, this is one of my favorite things. I love going to the farmer’s markets and buying fresh produce, homemade pasta, and more. You can get locally grown and made items for less than you’d pay at the grocery store and you are supporting your local economy and farmers. We are lucky enough to have quite a few farmer’s markets on different days of the week so we are always able to find one to visit.
What are you favorite summer activities and what is one activity that you don’t want to miss out on! 🙂