When it comes to the kitchen, that is the heart of our house. It’s where everyone gathers, everyone relaxes, and everyone is happy. But when it comes to the kitchen there are always things that you’d want to change to make it more functional or things that you would want to add.
I love the size and location of my kitchen, so I honestly wouldn’t change too much. Really I’d just like to add more appliances or conveniences to the kitchen. A few things that I eventually want to purchase for the kitchen:
- A food dehydrator – this would be great when I have extra fruit on hand so it doesn’t go bad. Also it’d be nice to make homemade beef jerky and things like that, without added sodium nitrates added.
- Shelving in storage – after moving I haven’t unpacked a lot of my small kitchen appliances yet. We have a great cold storage room where I want to add lots of shelves for canning supplies, small appliances, and of course cold food storage.
Some favorite things about my kitchen:
- A big pantry – this makes it so much easier to see what food we have on hand and makes it very convenient when it comes to meal planning.
- The openness – our kitchen opens up to the living room and dining room making it a great place to gather with friends and family. It’s so nice to be able to cook dinner and still socialize with the family in the meantime.
- Gas stove – I love having a gas stove. I feel that they cook so much more evenly than an electric stove.
What are some of your favorite things in your kitchen? What is your kitchen missing?