Losing weight can be hard, but why not introduce foods that will actually help you lose weight? If we have to eat, we might as well be eating foods that will provide the most nutrients and be beneficial to our bodies. Here is a list of 7 foods and why you should be eating them to aid with your weight loss:
- Ground flax seeds – They help stabilize blood sugar levels
- Walnuts – Reduce insulin levels which in turn helps reduce fat storage
- Hot sauce – Reduces insulin levels
- Cinnamon – Helps lower cholesterol
- Salmon – Good source of calcium & vitamin D
- Fiber rich foods – Helps with digestion and also keeps you fuller, longer!
- Water with lemon – This is a great calorie-free flavor that can be added to water, and is better for you than soda or sugary fruit juices
Now that you know what foods you should be eating, what are you going to do to try to incorporate these into your diet more often? Try adding flax seeds to a smoothie or sprinkle on top of a salad. Walnuts are a quick and easy snack that you can grab on the go. Hot sauce is an easy item to add to any meal. Make sure to check the ingredients for added sugars or preservatives. Salmon is a great source of Omega-3′s. Go for a wild salmon, not a farm raised salmon. Foods rich in fiber can be anything from air-popped popcorn to apples. Making the most out of your snacks will help you get in added fiber. Water with lemon is a great way to start the morning. Try having a warm glass of water with added lemon, or add lemon slices to a pitcher of water on a hot, summer day! This way you’ll stay hydrated, but won’t be looking towards sports drinks, juice, or soda to quench that thirst. Weight loss is one of the main things that we focus on during the one-on-one coaching sessions and group coaching. Elite Health Coaching is here to help! Contact us here for more information and pricing!