- Walking can lower bad cholesterol and raise good cholesterol.
- Walking can lower blood pressure.
- Walking can reduce your risk or help you manage Type 2 Diabetes.
- Walking can help you manage your weight.
- Walking can help you improve your mood! If you are feeling sad or depressed, try going for a 30 minute walk.
- Walking can help you reduce stress. Listen to some of your favorite music, a book on tape, or walk with a friend to help improve your mood.
- Walking can boost your immune system. Get out there and walk if you are constantly getting sick or feel that bug coming on.
- Walking can lower your cancer risks.
Some of the best things about walking are that you can get out to your favorite area and enjoy your surroundings. Get a good pair of walking shoes. Go to your local running store and ask to be fitted for shoes. They’ll help get the best fitting ones for you so you won’t experience ankle or foot pain. Another great thing about walking is that it’s FREE! You don’t need to buy a gym membership, you don’t need any gym equipment. All you need is yourself! 🙂 Get out there and move for just 30 minutes a day.